1. Soil PH: If the soil PH isn’t right, nitrogen and/or iron isn’t available to the plant, because it is bound to the soil.
The first step to proper lawn care is a soil analysis, which is always free to our clientele. Think of it this way: if you don’t know where you are, how do you know where you are going?
2. Fertility: This is the sum total of nutrients in your soil. Why add nutrients that may or may not be needed?
Equate this to adding oil to your car, without checking the level first.
3. Grass Types: Most lawns are not made up of one single grass type. They are a blend of several. It’s best to know which types are prevalent in your lawn in order to provide the best care.
4. Turf Density: It’s important to keep your lawn thick because dense, healthy turf discourages weeds and crabgrass.
5. Color: The color of your grass says a lot about its health. A light colored lawn may mean it’s lacking important nutrients. Different varieties of turf have different color optimums.
6. Thatch: Thatch is a layer of living and dead leaves, stems and roots just above the soil. Too much thatch will reduce a lawn’s response to fertilizers and affects watering practices. Disease and insect problems are greater where thatch is excessive.
7. Lawn Diseases: There are many types of diseases that can affect the appearance and health of your lawn. Because diseases are difficult to predict, we cannot guarantee your lawn will not be affected by diseases. If diseases become a problem, our Lawn Care Specialists can assist you to determine what steps can be taken to help your lawn recover.
8. Soil Type: Knowing the type and condition of your soil will help determine your lawn’s needs. If soil is compacted, core aeration is recommended.
9. Broadleaf Weed: Some weeds can be very difficult to control. Certain weeds spread very rapidly and can quickly choke your grass. It’s best to have a professional prescribe the proper weed controls for best results.
10. Mowing: Few homeowners realize the importance of mowing correctly. Cutting certain grass types too low or infrequently can cause the lawn to turn brown and increases its susceptibility to weed, disease, and crabgrass.
11. Insects: Thousands of insects live in your grass. Some are helpful, while others threaten your lawn’s health and vitality. It’s important to know if damaging insects are present in your area so they can be prevented or controlled.
12. Shade: Being aware of your lawn’s exposure to sunlight and shade helps determine the type of grass that grows best in your lawn.
13. Watering: The amount of water your lawn receives is critical to its health. Improper watering is usually the cause of pale, sparse turf and many disease and weed problems.
14. Problem Grasses: Certain grasses are classified as weed because they disrupt the appearance of your lawn. Annual grassy weeds are reduced with timely service visits, while most perennial grassy weeds are difficult to control.
15. Potential: Some lawns, no matter how much work is put into them, will never look as lush and healthy as others. Be aware of those who over promise the guarantee of a perfect lawn. You may be disappointed.
16. Present Conditions: Even great looking lawns require continual care. We can help maintain your lawn at its best with our full service, annual lawn care program.
Free Lawn Analysis
For fast service, fill out this form for a free, no obligation lawn analysis. You don’t have to be home for your analysis. The professionals from Real Green Pest and Lawn will take a look at your lawn and leave all of our findings conveniently at your front door.
Real Green’s lawn service is customized to your lawn with professional grade products and fight the tough, drought related weeds, lawn-damaging bugs and disease while providing a nutrient-rich diet and water saving products to thicken and green up your lawn. No more messy fertilizer and chemical storage. No more concerns about burning your yard. You water and mow, we’ll do the rest.
Real Green Services are known for our great service and low prices throughout Austin and the Central Texas area. We currently service all of Austin and a large portion of the Central Texas area, please call us if you have any questions!
Fastest Growing Company in Texas
NEW Value Packages.
Your choice of high-quality services: surface insect control, grub control, aeration, home pest control, fire ant control, disease control, and … lawn care!
*Value packages are available now, saving you hundreds of dollars from one expert, licensed provider you know and trust.